It’s the Frugi Way!
We have a story to tell and a mission to accomplish- to show that superb design, great ethics and passionate people can help to change the world! We only use organic cotton grown by farmers we trust, our outerwear is made from recycled plastic bottles and we’re always looking for new ways to innovate and explore.
Frugi was founded on a basis of being as ethically and environmentally responsible as possible, and we still work to these same values more than a decade later!
- First and foremost, we’re still crazy for organic cotton. All our cotton is organic, so you won’t find any nasties here! It’s super soft, kinder to skin, and so much better for those involved in the growing and manufacturing processes.
- Our board shorts and 100% waterproof Puddle Buster range are made from 100% post-consumer recycled polyester. It’s a durable, versatile fabric that uses up plastic bottles so they’re not left to float around in the sea or in landfills damaging the environment!
- Our stretchy swimwear and Sun Safe garments are made using Oeko-tex fabrics. Oeko-tex is an independent global organisation who set standards, test and certify textiles to ensure they contain no nasty chemicals. Better for us to wear, and better for factory workers' health and the environment. Fab!
- Our GOTS certification awarded by the Soil Association means we adhere to stringent criteria in both our manufacturing and social accountability.
- We work under our own Frugi code of conduct, visit our factories regularly, and have a Frugi team based in India to ensure the highest standards are met and our workers are looked after.